Thursday, October 23, 2014

Strong Faith, Weak Brain

Strong Faith, Weak Brain


Every battle we have with ourselves and our faith, happens within the brain.  The brain is Satan's playground.  This is where he can get to us.  Fear is Satan's favorite tool. When we fear, we are believing him more than God.  God works through faith, not fear. 

We know with God in our lives there is no reason for fear.  But we are human and Satan is sneaky, so we have all felt fear sneak in even when we have faith in our God.  When that happens, remind yourself where that fear is coming from.  Know that whatever feelings Satan is tricking you with, you don't have to live by them.  Take control.  Give it to God and trust he will bring you through.  

I have a hard time with will power.  I need to make so many healthy choices in my life and it is so hard for me.  I can tell myself that I am going to start eating healthier, drinking more water, and exercising but as I am writing this entry, I still have not done any of it.  I pray for will power and I believe he will give it too me, but there is Satan in the playground using my weak will.  I gave in.  

Even though I failed myself, I didn't fail God.  It was a lesson. Satan lost some power.  I gained some strength.  I know that I can control whatever thoughts Satan tries to weaken me with.  I have control and I have God.  Satan will not win next time because God showed me I need to take control of my mind.  God will give me the power, but I have to take the step to change myself.  God needs me to learn how to be strong.  Will power is just another lesson along the path he has set me on.

If depression, fear, loss of control, addiction, or some other heavy burden is keeping you from the life God wants for you, just remember to say "I will not"   Don't be afraid of the struggles along your path.  They won't be easy. They are not supposed to be.  God wants us to be strong and fearless.  Have faith, you can do anything through Christ.

I will not be afraid.

 Just a couple more things,


  •  Never regret your mistakes, that is where you will learn your most valuable lessons.  God doesn't expect us to be perfect.  
  • God will always answer your prayers.   It may not be the answer you wanted, but it will be the answer that is needed.  Have Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my Facebook page
His Messy Child