Friday, October 10, 2014

Reading The Bible For The First Time

Reading The Bible For The First Time

 God told me that I had to read his Word to know him.  I had not ever really read the bible and understood what it said.  It was a command from God, and I would obey.  I spent hours on the Internet trying to find how and where to start.  Of course everyone has their own idea.  So I just started.  I am planning on reading the Gospels first and then we will see from there.  It doesn't matter where are how you start, just start.

Afraid that I would not understand, I prayed to  God about my worry.  He showed me to pray for understanding before I opened my bible.  That is what I did. I opened the bible and started reading the Gospel of Mark.  It was incredible.  I more than understood, I was learning about my Father.

The more I read, the more I understood.  I have the instruction book with the plan and rules for our lives.

I thank God for showing me that I needed to read His Word.  It is awe inspiring.

If you haven't read the Bible, pray for understanding, believe he will give it to you, and start reading.  He wants us to know him.

I dont know how often I will post for a while,  I need to give my attention to God and learn all he wants to show me.  However, he is the one that moves my heart and my hands, so I don't really know when or what I will post along this journey.  Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you won't miss a post.   I have a feeling this will be and incredible journey that you don't want to miss.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my Facebook page
His Messy Child