Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Blog with God

My Blog with God


Everyone has their own relationship with God.  Mine is probably not what Christians claim to have.  It is though, probably what most Christians really have.  That is why I am writing this blog.  I am not a good Christian.  I am flawed, broken, and totally in love with God.  I also know that this is what God expects.  My lack of perfection and need for guidance, is what creates my relationship with Him.

I  don't go to church every Sunday.  I love going to Church, but sometimes I just want to stay in bed.  I can't quote passages from the bible.  The truth is I don't understand a lot of what it says.  If I would go to church more, I would probably understand more.  This is the reason that I am trying to improve my attendance.  It is not that I fear God will be mad.  I want to know more about the God I love. 

I am also not afraid of being a sinner.  He knows I am a sinner.  I can't be perfect, only he is perfect.  I remember hearing when I was younger that if you sinned, you would go to hell.  Really?  Then hell is going to be awful full. 

My life is an ongoing journey with God.  I am writing this blog to share that journey.  It is not going to be a lot of scripture and preaching.  It is truthful, good and bad.  If you are easily offended, this may not be the blog for you.

Whatever happens along the way there is one thing that will never change:  I love God with my whole heart and he is first in my life.  Where he leads, I will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my Facebook page
His Messy Child