Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Am I a Christian?


Am I a Christian?


What exactly is a Christian?  When do I know if I am one?  I have been having trouble with that word.  I think the problem comes from before I met God.  I would hear people say they were a Christian and It made me feel like they were bragging, that they had something I would never have.  Maybe I was jealous.  They were happy and I was not.   They did have something, they knew God.

So am I now a Christian?  I looked up the word "Christian" and basically it is a group of people who loved God and believed that Jesus is the son of God.  It did not say you have go to church every Sunday, or read the bible every day.  I am a Christian because I love God and I accept Jesus Christ as his son and my savior.

Being a Christian is something to be happy about.  I will never be alone.  I am a child of God and he will never leave me.  I don't have to be perfect, I just have to believe.  By saying I am a Christian, I am not bragging, I am proudly stating that I am a humble servant of God and I give my life for him to use as he needs. 

I am a Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my Facebook page
His Messy Child