Saturday, August 9, 2014

Lessons Learned Along the Way

Lessons Learned Along the Way


 If you have read my other entries, You know I have had a hard journey over the last few years. It has been the hardest time in my life. It has also provided me with powerful, life changing lessons.

Out of chaos, I learned to overcome stress.
From those who hurt me the most, I learned to forgive .
Insecurity is teaching me to stop worrying
Letting go, is showing me faith

It took being in a place of such pain for God to show me so much love and understanding.

I saw a post on my Facebook from a friend who said,  "God is real, he answered my prayers.''  I felt bad for her because she doesn't understand. When we pray, we are
 asking for what we want, not what God wants. This was hard for me. I prayed so hard for God to fix all the struggles in my life. I remember wondering why he wouldn't help me. I didn't know at the time that was exactly what he was doing. His way.

I still have struggles but I learned to let go.  I have Faith. My Life is in God's hands.  When I let go, all the stress, and worry was gone. That was God's blessing.

Do I wish I hadn't had to experience so much pain and loss ?  No. I truly know I went thought it for a reason. I need the lessons that it brought me.  God bought me to it, and through it. He guides my journey.

Read part 2 - the effects of what i learned and how it changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my Facebook page
His Messy Child